Every year the AAUW San Antonio Branch awards several scholarships to local women pursuing degrees. The number of scholarships and their value will vary each year depending upon our fundraising and earnings on our invested endowments. Below are two types of scholarships we typically give.
The AAUW San Antonio Branch offers scholarships to assist women in completing graduate degrees. Applications must be submitted by February 3, 2024. Find more information about Graduate Scholarships here.
Text Book Scholarships
The AAUW San Antonio Branch offers scholarships to assist women in purchasing required textbooks. Applications will be accepted from both undergraduate and graduate students who are attending a college or university in Bexar County and from high school students with an unconditional letter of acceptance to a college or university in Bexar County for the upcoming summer/fall.
The deadline is February 3, 2024, for applicants to submit:
- Their name, address, telephone number, and email address at the top of the essay.
- A short essay, no longer than 300 words, describing:
- What their educational/career goals are and
- specifically how a textbook scholarship would help achieve their goals.
- A transcript demonstrating a grade point average of 3.0 or better (or the equivalent).
Email application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: All submissions must be emailed by February 3, 2024.