Opportunity for Leadership Training
Sponsored by the American Association of University Women (AAUW)
AAUW is inviting hundreds of college women from around the country for leadership training, inspiration, and networking at our National Conference for College Women Student Leaders (NCCWSL) on May 31 – June 3, 2023.
AAUW San Antonio is offering scholarships for the Early Bird registration cost of STEM half-day workshop (May 31) $65 and conference (June 1-3) $565.
Students are encouraged to apply for this opportunity by March 24th to maximize the number of students supported.
The 2023 program is shaping up to the biggest, boldest NCCWSL yet! The conference offers skill-building workshops that are designed to challenge and inspire you to make an impact on your campus and in your community. At NCCWSL, you will build your leadership skills across five core learning objectives:
- Leadership development: Develop and strengthen a voice, skill set, and mind-set for leadership
- Professional development: Build a professional tool kit for postgraduate life
- Activism: Learn how, why, and when to take action and be a change maker
- Identity and diversity: Own their personal identities and roles in increasing and supporting diverse voices
- Women’s issues: Gain a better understanding of local, national, and global issues and policies affecting women and of AAUW’s role in empowering women
Get the chance to meet and hear from groundbreaking women working across a range of fields. Past NCCWSL speakers include feminist author Roxane Gay, founder of the Me Too movement Tarana Burke, and author and global health advocate Chelsea Clinton. More information can be found on the AAUW website.
Student applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org by March 24th for the Early Bird registration.