The AAUW San Antonio Branch offers scholarships to assist women to complete a graduate degree. The scholarships are usually $2,000 each to one or more applicants.
Applicants may be called for an interview with the Committee.
Applications must be postmarked or emailed by February 6, 2021.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Student Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident in one of the following counties for a minimum of two years prior to applying: Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina, and Wilson;
- Be enrolled in, or unconditionally accepted to, a program leading to a graduate degree. Students seeking a master’s degree must be enrolled or unconditionally accepted at an accredited university in Bexar County; students seeking a doctorate must be enrolled or unconditionally accepted at an accredited university in Texas;
- Be a student in good standing with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4 point system);
- Be registered for a minimum of six semester hours or be registered for dissertation hours;
- Demonstrate financial need;
- Demonstrate community service; and
- Have received no more than one previous AAUW graduate scholarship for the current degree program. (A person may receive a maximum of three scholarships—two for master’s work and one for doctoral work, or vice versa.)
How to Apply:
- Provide a two-page double-spaced essay detailing your academic accomplishments, community service, financial need, and plans for the future. Essays will count heavily in the selection process.
- Provide a cover sheet (titled Graduate Scholarship) with name, address, phone numbers, email address, degree you are seeking, name of university, and number of hours completed toward degree.
- Enclose a résumé.
- Ask someone in the program in which you are enrolled to send a detailed letter of recommendation.
- Provide an official transcript of graduate work; if in the first semester of graduate school, provide official transcript of undergraduate work.
- In subject line of email, write Graduate Scholarship.